I basically looked at a few recipes and combined them, made it taste good and wrote down my notes. So here is my recipe for bacon, tomato & caramelized onion quiche:
8 oz. (about 7 pieces) bacon, cut into small pieces
1 large white/yellow onion, sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1 single recipe of pie crust (used frozen deep dish pie crust)
3 Tbl. light sour cream
3/4 c. half & half
dash tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 c. cheese (I used a cheddar blend, we aren't big on Swiss)
salt & pepper
1. In a large pan on medium heat, heat up a few tablespoons of butter. Add onions, season with salt & pepper and cook for about 10 minutes. Turn heat down to low and continue to cook until translucent and soft.
2. Bake crust for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, cool.
3. Fry bacon pieces while baking crust and caramelizing onions.
4. In a small bowl, mix sour cream with a pinch of salt & pepper. Spread on the bottom of cooled crust.
5. In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add half & half, tabasco, dry mustard and salt & pepper to taste.
6. Add caramelized onions to pie crust, followed by bacon pieces, diced tomatoes and cheese. Pour in egg mixture.
7. Baking on cooking sheet for 40 - 45 minutes at 375 degrees
|taken the next day, we scarfed down our pieces|