1 c. milk
3/4 c. sugar + 1/8 c.
1 c. half & half
1/2 Tbl. vanilla
2 c. cream
2 c. pitted, quartered cherries
1 1/2 Tbl. vanilla
1. Scald milk on stove until bubble form around the edges, remove from heat.
2. Pour into a heat-proof bowl and stir in sugar and salt until it's all dissolved.
3. Add in half & half, vanilla and heavy cream.
4. Cover tightly, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Freeze ice cream according to ice cream maker's directions. Once it has churned for about 20 minutes (starting to stiffen up), add pitted, quartered cherries and continue mixing another 5 - 10 minutes.
6. Freeze in freezer for a few hours.