Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Andes Mint Cookies

I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day, and decided to make them yesterday.  A few of my friends are having birthdays, so I figured I could mail them some and give a few plates away to our friends here, just because!  They were super easy to make (and eat, warm or cooled!), and came out beautiful.  I doubled the recipe and made about 5 1/2 dozen, because it was a bit difficult getting the cookies the size I wanted; they expand quite a bit, so I'd advise making a sheet of small balls and seeing how happy you are with the size.

1 package Devil's Food cake mix
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1 package Andes mints

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix oil, cake mix and eggs until smooth.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet (I used parchment paper, worked perfectly).
3.  Bake 6 - 9 minutes, but more longer than that!  They will be a bit airy and soft, but they'll firm up quite nicely.
4.  Take cookie sheet out of oven, and place a mint on the top of each cookie (it's ok to smush it down a little).  A few minutes later (3 - 5), take a small spatula or spoon and spread the melted mint around the top of the cookie.  Transfer to cooling rack.

So simple and delicious!  Enjoy!

with mint first on cookie

melted mint, yum!

melted and swirly

with flash

look how yummy!

No comments: