Saturday, April 23, 2011

Seriously 'Sinful' Cheesecake Brownies

I heart cheesecake brownies. They are more or less, my number favorite dessert. It is hard to describe my love from them. I try to not make them often because I will sit and eat the whole pan in one sitting. So, moderation is the key. I made these because our friend Mat did a lot of help with our car recently and wanted to make a little something for all of his help. I got this recipe from food.com and it did not disappoint.

brownie
6 Tbl. unsalted butter
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate (or semisweet; I used a combo of semisweet and milk)
2/3 c. sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. flour
1 Tbl. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk, semisweet and white chocolate, just to see)
pinch of salt

cheesecake
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 large egg yolk
5 Tbl. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

1. Line an 8" or 9" pan with foil (trust me, you'll regret it if you don't..), lightly mist with non-stick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, pour into heatproof bowl.
4. Add 2/3 c. sugar, and then eggs.
5. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, salt, then vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
6. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, yolk, 5 Tbl. sugar and vanilla until smooth.
7. Distribute cream cheese mixture across top of brownie mixture, then swirl together with dull knife.
8. Bake for 35 minutes.
9. Once cool, lift foil out of pan and cut into pieces.

soooooo delicious

No comments: